Statement of Intent

For my NEA coursework, I have chosen brief 3 which is to create a Bauer real-life magazine with a website to accompany it. I have chosen this brief as I feel like I would be able to create a high quality magazine and website.

My magazine will be called Relax and will use lots of bright colours so that it appeals to the target audience and to make it seem like a happy magazine. My colour palette will have colours such as red, blue, yellow and green so that it has a limited number of colours but they stand out. I will use sans-serif fonts so that it is seen as more modern and relaxed and not too formal. My website will also use these colours and will use the same font so that it matches the magazine so people can tell that they are linked together. The magazine will be made to fit the target audience and will be adapted to their wants.

On my cover I will have one main image of my mum in the background and then have cover lines over the top of it with other pictures that match the stories. My masthead will be in the top left corner to stay with the conventions and it will be in a red box so that it stands out. The magazine cover will be very cluttered with lots of pictures and crazy stories that will make the reader want to read more. It will also have a link to the website so that it is easily accessible. There will be a variety of people on the cover to make it more diverse, for example, there will be people of different ages and races and there will also be some advertising on the cover so that it makes more money. 

On my contents page there will be the full stories that are previewed on the cover and games such as crosswords word searches and sudokus to make the magazine more fun and interactive for the reader. There will also be lot of images and quotes that stand out from the story so that it adds more colour to the page.

The website will have a small voice message to introduce the website and will have a lightbox when the reader gets on the website so that they can enter their email address and sign up to receive any news or promotions. It will also have similar features to the magazine so that it is clear that they are linked together such as, colour palette, fonts and layout.


Comments